The 2015 Trek Publications and Publicity Committee
A thorough and informative orientation will be given (see agenda below) along with a physical copy (one per family) of the Trek 2015 Ma & Pa Handbook (click on title to go to the secure page for download – password required). Our Ma’s and Pa’s will be able to meet each other for the first time and be introduced to the Trek 2015 leadership. The agenda overview is as follows:
- Welcome – RW
- How We are Organized – DO
- Where are We Going? – MM
- How Do We Start Getting Ready? – AM
- Questions & Answers – ALL
- Final Thoughts From Our Stake Presidency – PJM
Thank you Ma and Pa couples!
view actual fireside flyer here: Kent Stake Youth Trek 2015 – Flyer (design by Heather Froisland)
July 15-18, 2015
The Kent Stake Presidency invite all youth ages 14-18 to participate in the Kent Stake Youth Trek this year. It is a physical and spiritual adventure in which you can grow to understand our pioneer ancestors more fully. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, so don’t miss out.
Calendar of Important Dates and Events
|Sunday, Jan 25||fireside for all youth, parents, youth leaders, and staff|
|Sunday, Mar 1||training for Ma’s and Pa’s and Big Brothers and Sisters|
|Sunday, May 3||fireside for all youth, parents, youth leaders, and staff|
|Saturday, May 16||training for Ma’s and Pa’s and Big Brothers and Sisters|
|Tuesday, Jun 30||training for Ma’s and Pa’s and Big Brothers and Sisters|
|Sunday, Jul 12||send-off fireside for all youth, youth leaders, and staff|
|Wed-Sat, Jul 15-18||************************* TREK **************************|
|Sunday, Jul 19||fireside and testimony meeting for all participants|
In order to prepare spiritually for Trek, be sure you are doing the following:
– Personal kneeling prayer morning and night.
– Study the Book of Mormon 10 min every day.
– Attend your church meetings every week.
– Using Family Search, find ancestor names and do temple ordinance work for them.
Begin now to gather or make pioneer style clothing to wear during Trek, and get a plastic 5-gallon plastic bucket with a lid and handle to carry your personal items in during Trek. It is also important to be physically fit for Trek. Strengthen your health by obeying the Word of Wisdom and eating a balanced diet of wholesome foods. Also get a pair of comfortable shoes and begin now to exercise regularly so you can build up your ability to walk up to 7 miles on a single hike.
- February – do a 1 mile hike and find a pioneer story in your family
- March – do a 2 mile hike and learn a pioneer hymn
- April – do a 4 mile hike and get a hat or bonnet
- May – do a 6 mile hike and get a 5 gallon bucket
- June – do a 7 mile hike and get the rest of your pioneer clothing
For questions, please contact us at:
The 2015 Trek kickoff fireside will be held on January 25, 2015 at 7:00pm at the Kent Stake Center chapel. Please plan to attend. The flyer for the evening is included below (click on image to view a larger version), as well as the official KS Youth Trek 2015 logo:
We look forward to seeing you there!